NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This contest is only available to those who are 18 years or older as of the date of entry.The contest is only open to legal residents of the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. You may only submit one valid entry.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of FOOD TO WRITE HOME ABOUT as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 12 PM HAST and ending Wednesday, October 26, 2016 12 PM HAST. All online entries must be received by Wednesday, October 26, 2016 12 PM HAST.
- How to Enter: To enter the contest, you must enter your name and your valid email address in the opt-in form on this page. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of FOOD TO WRITE HOME ABOUT. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of FOOD TO WRITE HOME ABOUT.
- Prize: The Winner will receive the following cookbooks:
- Jacques Pepin Heart & Soul in the Kitchen
- Ree Trummond: The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food From My Frontier Limited Edition
- Emeril’s New New Orleans Cooking
- Sam Choy’s Polynesian Kitchen
Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by FOOD TO WRITE HOME ABOUT. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at FOOD TO WRITE HOME ABOUT’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for FOOD TO WRITE HOME ABOUT to use Winner’s name for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing of users who submitted the correct answer to the question under the supervision of FOOD TO WRITE HOME ABOUT. Winner will be notified by means of an email sent to the email address used to enter within five (5) days following selection of Winner. FOOD TO WRITE HOME ABOUT shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT FOOD TO WRITE HOME ABOUT SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (name and email address.), You understand and agree that FOOD TO WRITE HOME ABOUT, anyone acting on behalf of FOOD TO WRITE HOME ABOUT, and FOOD TO WRITE HOME ABOUT licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your name, for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- Terms & Conditions: FOOD TO WRITE HOME ABOUT reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond FOOD TO WRITE HOME ABOUT’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, FOOD TO WRITE HOME ABOUT may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by FOOD TO WRITE HOME ABOUT. FOOD TO WRITE HOME ABOUT reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. FOOD TO WRITE HOME ABOUT has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, FOOD TO WRITE HOME ABOUT reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless FOOD TO WRITE HOME ABOUT and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF United States AND Hawaii, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Hawaii having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. By submitting your name and email address, You, the Contestant, acknowledge that you have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.